Frameless Sky seeks high quality haiku/senryu and tanka/kyoka— either as stand-alone poems or poems that would be paired with artwork—and artwork that would be paired with tanka. You may submit to any or all of three different categories:
1. Haiga and Tanka Art Submission -
Submit ONE haiku or tanka for ANY or ALL of the artwork provided by an artist for the current issue. You can see the artwork on the Artwork page. At the end of the submission date, the best ones are going to be selected.
Submit to email@example.com. Please type “Haiga and Tanka Art Submission” as the subject heading.
2. Haiku/Senryu and Tanka/Kyoka Submission -
Send a minimum of 5 haiku/maximum of 10 haiku per submission period.
Send a minimum of 5 tanka/maximum of 10 tanka per submission period.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type "Haiku and Tanka Submission" as the subject heading.
Haiku and tanka submissions must be placed within the body of the email.
Your submission must be your own original, unpublished work that is not under consideration elsewhere or submitted to any contest. Poems published on Twitter, personal blogs, and/or Facebook pages, are permissible.
Include your full name and country of residence.
Reminder: Please watch the preview videos on the Archives page before submitting.
Frameless Sky is a biannual publication.
December (submit between September 15 to October 15)
June (submit between March 15 to April 15)
Submissions outside of these windows will be completely ignored.
1. All rights revert to authors upon publication.
2. Wherever a haiku or tanka is republished, Frameless Sky must be cited as the first place of publication.
3. If you wish to republish the collaborative haiga or tanka art, you must ask permission from the artist or poet.
4. Frameless Sky retains the right to republish your work either in digital, hard copy or DVD format.